------art_49712_11374091.1219497542802

Regardless of whether or not I agree with that... you have a self-selection
problem.
The people who have formed the ruby community did so without the aid of a
mascot. So it's easy to see how the community as it exists now is one that
doesn't see the need for some avatar to represent the language - the
language is the language, and they love it for the reasons that they love
it, and that's that.
Attempting to force a community to adopt anything will do nothing but spin
tires. Especially if that community is spontaneous and decentralized, like
the ruby community is.

If a mascot ever does get adopted, I'd be willing to bet it'd be more of a
viral adoption than as part of a "let's sit around and pitch ideas for a
mascot" email thread.

--Tommy M.
http://www.duwanis.com