Hi,

In message "a wishlist for ruby 2.0"
    on 02/01/14, Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:

|* add Thread.granularity=(v:Float),.granularity->Float, for setting and
|getting the scheduler's default timeslice.
|
|* add Thread#max_stack_size=(v:Fixnum),#max_stack_size->Fixnum.

I think these two requires specific threading implementation (or at
least API).  But I'm not sure it's possible (Windows thread has
different model from pthread, right?)

|* make Array include Comparable, simply because it defines #<=>.

No.  Arrays are comparable in special occations only (if all elements
are comparable).  "<=>" are hackish method for sake of sort.

|* syntax: make "end" optional before ")".

No.  It's ugly and inconsistent.  (I hate super paren).

|* syntax: make foo.bar(2,3,5)=7 mean foo.bar=(2,3,5,7)

Probably.

|* remove Module.constants, which currently calls Object.constants as
|Module#constants on the Object object; doing that would uncover the other
|Module.constants, that is, Module#constants on the Module object.

This is to show constants defined in outer modules in nest.
Maybe it can be implemented by private Kernel#constants, just like
local_variables.

|* Module#included_modules(recurse=true) where
|included_modules(false) would give a list of only _direct_ inclusions.
|This is consistent with Module#instance_methods, except for the default
|value.

Maybe useful.

|* Module#instance_methods(recurse=true,visibility=:default) where
|visibility can also take values :public, :protected and :private.
|Object.methods(recurse=true,visibility=:default) like the above, plus
|recurse=false would fetch only singleton methods. remove all methods
|obsoleted by those two extensions and make them emulated by
|"ruby1-compat.rb".

Why do you want to remove *_instance_methods?

|* add argument to load/require to specify the context of
|evaluation, and add to load/require/eval a way to override the default
|line-numbering.

I'm not sure what you mean.

|* add File#open, that does like File.open, but on an existing file
|handle. On open file, could raise exception or just close the file
|automatically. change File.new so that with 0 arguments it creates a
|closed File.

I'm not sure what you mean.  What for?

							matz.