On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Pablo Q. <paqs140482 / gmail.com> wrote:
> I like it! :D, but If you haven read all post before please do it,
>
> There are many position in the discussion:

> 2. Mascot must be male.

I don't think that was David's point at all.  I think he believes that
a human mascot is generally a bad idea.

> 3. Ruby already have one ( an pretty manga-girl, with a nude version! cool,
> isnĄ¨t it?).

I think the girl is cute, but especially the nude version is a bit
patronizing.  We should think about what female programmers will think
of Ruby upon encountering that.  I'm sure the feelings will be varied,
but I suspect that'd seem a bit offensive to at least some people.

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com | Non-tech
stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com