Hello,

I would like to announce a new project I recently started that allows me
to create a user interface (GUI) in Ruby and run it on more than one
platform.  Currently, I plan to support mswin32, Tk, and html.  I have
portions of the code working for all three platforms.  It should be
fairly easy to add new platforms (I call them widget bindings).

Currently the software is not yet ready for download.  I am at a point
in the development where I feel this is a worth while project and felt
that announcing it would be wise.  I am planning the first release in a
few weeks.

You can get more details about locana at http://www.locana.org.  I have
created several mailing lists for sharing ideas about the future of
locana.  The details can be found at www.locana.org.  BTW, this web site
was created from locana.rb using rdoc.  Very nice!

FYI: locana.rb is the interface that Ruby programs will use.
Locana_mswin32.rb is a widget binding for the mswin32 platform.  The Tk
and html widget binding are very similar to the mswin32 binding.

Thanks.

--
Michael Davis
Database Architect and Senior Software Engineer, Seva Inc.