> I think it's a great idea to organize all this stuff.  I would
> strongly recommend having a very clear distinction between things that
> modify built-in behavior in an incompatible way, and things that just
> add functionality to built-in classes or modules.  This is the same
> argument I was making about RCRs (that thread has gone in a different
> direction, though :-)  Since changes to builtins are global, it's
> important for people to know what the impact might be.

I definitely agree. The design possibilities of a system like this are
virtually endless in my mind: perhaps people should be able to pick and
choose which of the 'accepted' methods they'd like to include, etc...In the
end, I think I can come up with (and code) plenty of logical systems for the
maintence, usage, and overall interaction with the site...for now I'm going
to continue to gather as advice like you've given because its more important
than the end look and mechanics.

Thanks!
Jack