------art_39463_16424124.1219326434986

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Daniel Kindler <gizabo / yahoo.com> wrote:

> okay, so in the book im reading it wanted me to do 2 things
>

> 1) wanted me to make a method for sorting a list of  words
>
> this is what i got now
>
> def arange
> arr  ]
>  puts arr.sort.join(', ')
>    word  ets.chomp
>  while word ! "
>      arr << word
>  word  ets.chomp
>  end
> end
>
> arange
>
> why isnt it working?

Daniel,

I am not sure if your comment: "that was helpful" was meant to be sarcastic
or if you really found the link helpful.
However, if you if you still needs help, see below:

I am no Ruby expert but I re-arranged your code and it works:

def arange
arr  ]
 word  ets.chomp
 while word ! "
     arr << word
 word  ets.chomp
 end

 puts arr.sort.join(', ')

end
arange

ruby mypgm.rb

orange
banana
Apple
Banana
Cherries
mango

Apple, Banana, Cherries, banana, mango, orange