Le 20 ao 2008 21:45, Nick Brown a rit :

> When using sub!, the
> database ends up containing the pre-sub'd value of astring, even though
> astring appears to contain the modified version when printed with a
> debug statement immediately preceding my database insert.

Please provide some code to demonstrate this.  I'm willing to bet
there's another, subtler, step that's misleading you.

Fred
-- 
This world rejects me   This world threw me away   This world never gave
me a chance    This world's gonna have to pay    I don't believe in your
institutions    I did what you wanted me to    Like cancer in the system
I've got a little suprise for you                (Nine Inch Nails, Burn)