On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:53 PM, d c <lister / pikkle.com> wrote:
> i came to ruby cos i like to realize ideas quickly.
> premature test cases is like premature optimization.
> making a change means fixing a bunch of failing tests...
> in the first 24 hours of a project, where you *know* things are likely
> to change a lot, then testing + coding is close to 2X the work.

I don't have a problem with doing 24 hours worth of exploratory coding
sans tests.  But if I decide at the end of that I decide I want to
continue, my best bet is to THROW IT AWAY and rewrite it test-first.

If you and/or your organization have the discipline to a) stop
prototyping early; and b) throw the prototype away, then test-less
prototyping is workable.

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org