Dear all,

i am trying to find my way in Ruby, but i am just a bignner. Here is my
problem:

I have two array of hashes:

_DownloadData << { :FileName =>  splitLine[0]      ,
                   :Size     =>  splitLine[4].to_i  }

_FilesData << { :FileName =>  splitLine[8]      ,
                :Year     =>  year              ,
                :Month    =>  month             ,
                :Day      =>  day               ,
                :Suffix   =>  suffix            ,
                :JDay     =>  jday              ,
                :Size     =>  splitLine[4].to_i  }

I would like to know if FileName from _FileesData is in _DownloadData
and later or if the two files have the same size.

I tried to write it like this:
if _DownloadData[:FileName].include?( _FilesData[:FileName] )

and i already got an error.

what i would like to write is something like this:
_FilesData.sort_by {|hash| hash.values_at(:Year, :Month, :Day, :Suffix )
}.each do |hash|
   if _DownloadData[:FileName].include?( hash[:FileName] )
      index = _DownloadData[:FileName].index?( _FilesData[:FileName] )
      if _DownloadData[:FileName](index) == _FilesData[:FileName]
          # do something
      else
          # do something else

My questions are:
how do i fine an element of array of hashes in another array of hashes?
How do i get accuess an array of hashes at a certen index.

Thanks