From: "Brett Williams" <vor_lord / hotmail.com>

> The previous tip from Bill Kelly, to run IRB.start at the end of the script
> unfortunately didn't work either.  I can't seem to get IRB to work properly
> without it trying to open some kind of file.  Perhaps I should mention I am
> working with a fairly recent CVS snapshot (irb/main didn't even load).

D'oh!  Interesting.  I'm using ruby 1.6.2 (2000-12-18) [i386-cygwin]
for what it's worth. . .

Have a look at your 'irb' shell script (or irb.bat batch file) to
find out how it goes about launching irb?  That's where I got the
require "irb/main"; IRB.start . . . . Sounds like it must be done
somehow differently in later versions?

HTH,

Regards,

Bill