Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03110] my wish list for Ruby"
    on 00/06/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju / CAM.ORG> writes:

|Ruby seems to me a very promising language, from the vague knowledge I
|have of it. i'd like to make some suggestions for the near future. note
|that i might not be aware of the latest changes.

My greatest wish for future Ruby (in another word: design flaw) is:

  * local variable scope by blocks. e.g.

    def foo
      loop do
        i = something()
        break if some_condition()
      end
      print i, "\n"   # darn, i is not available here.
    end

But changing this should introduce backward incompatibility.  So I
would wait until next major release: Ruby 2.0 or Ruby 4000 ;-)

							matz.