On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 20:24, Phil Tomson wrote:
> We've had a couple of different threads flowing here the last few days
> about getting Ruby to work with Parrot.  Dan Sugalski has suggested that
> we (the Ruby community) need to create a Ruby parser in Ruby that
> initially needs to emit Parrot bytecode and later we could pass on an AST.
>
> So..... I want to propose a new project called Cardinal (the name is open
> to discussion, I chose Cardinal because Parrots are birds, Rubys are red
> and Cardinals are red birds - is the name already taken?  I don't see
> any Cardinal project on RAA).  The goal of Cardinal is to create a Ruby
> frontend for Parrot.

Anything new about this?  I'd love to have this working.  I've been
looking at parrot for a while and I think it's looking very good.  But
I'm not a expert in stuff like this.

I really want to help to make this thing a reality.  Is there work
done?  If not should we start getting a mailinglist or something up?

Starting to implement a few of the classes in parrot seams like an easy
job for example.

/Erik

--
Erik BéČfors               | erik / bagfors.nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273