> Two things:
>
> 1) In my mind, this general thread is somewhat ridiculous. It's been
> going on for -- what is it? -- ten months now? It seems to be just a
> laundry list for things you want Ruby to do, whether they're sensible
> or not, without a lot of thought into them, and at least sometimes
> with reasoning like "I'm lazy and don't want to type some brackets".

Amen to the lazy part!  Ruby in general seem to encourages this weakness
by allowing me to write code in fewer lines, unfortunately.

> 2) "I wish X worked" is not a very useful way to describe what should
> happen. I'm not saying you have to write tests or specs, but do
> describe the behavior you expect. Maybe looking at the RubySpec
> project will give you an idea of everything Ruby presently "should do"
> and what the other implementations are working towards. If that
> doesn't get you going, think about it as contributing to Rubinius in
> some way, and the sooner that comes out the sooner you can easily
> twist even more of Ruby to your desires.

Wow my apologies I didn't know values_at existed [I looked up the docs
for Array#[] but not that one--my bad].  That was an easy one :)  Go
Ruby!

I don't yet consider this thread useless as it has helped me gain a
greater understanding of the capabilities of Ruby [I'm somewhat of a
newbie].  It has also served as useful fodder for a few projects [GC and
otherwise].  Feel free to disagree, but I like it!

-=R