I think the best editing component right now for Ruby on Win32 is Scintilla
(www.scintilla.org).  There is a buffer manager that wraps the editing
control called SciTE.  Download that and install it (pre-built binaries
available for win32 at http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html).  It has
code folding.  You use control^click on a fold point and it "collapse all"s
the children.  It works very well for dealing with the small method (or many
class) per file issue of Ruby.

> >But some nifty Ruby code browser integrated into FreeRIDE would
> >definitely be helpful.

This is one of the areas we really want to work on.  And one very good
reason we are working on FreeRIDE in Ruby itself.

> Yes. I'm not sure whether or how to hook up with the FreeRIDE project
> right now. Chet and I have been working a little bit on a fully
> incremental Ruby browser and might continue that. It seems to me that
> the Smalltalk style is so different from what most Rubyites are used to
> that it might never catch on.

FreeRIDE is in Wiki stage right now and located at http://www.rubyide.org .
Please feel free to browse and comment (and lurk ;-).  If you want to
contribute ideas, code, whatever we would highly welcome it.

-Rich