Dave:
> If    (q, r) = divmod(x, y)
> then      x  = q*y + r
> I suspect most people would expect
> divmod to return a remainder, not a modulus.

I surely do expect something. But not as you suspected. I would guess divmod
returns array where ary[0] == x / y and ary[1] == x % y, that is to really
return modulus. I'd guess divrem to return remainder.

If the original idea has to be preserved to have x == ary[0] *  y + ary[1]
I've out of luck.

I think we should have (Python style) a/b operation around where (a/b) * b +
a%b = a. I can't invent any good name for this now, but it's still morning
after all.

Then I could group Python style a/b with % and Ruby a/b with remainder.

Strangely enough I've thought these to be different operations. I have to go
back to the assembler time :).

Anyway,

	 - Aleksi