On 12 Aug., 08:49, Magicloud Magiclouds
<magicloud.magiclo... / gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Debian sid, which sh is bash.
> And, in fact, I hate ruby's way of system call. Ugly and hard to use and
> stupid hardcoded.

/bin/sh is the least common denominator for all Unix like systems.  So
in terms of portability it is a good choice to make this the default
shell.  And if you do not like that shell, you can use another one
anytime:

09:06:03 ~$ ruby -e 'system "/bin/bash", "-c", "echo \"$
{BASH_VERSINFO[*]}\""'
3 2 39 19 release i686-pc-cygwin
09:06:06 ~$ ruby -e 'system ENV["SHELL"], "-c", "echo \"$
{BASH_VERSINFO[*]}\""'
3 2 39 19 release i686-pc-cygwin
09:06:07 ~$

Put that into a method and you can use your bash whenever you want.
No need to blame Ruby here when in fact it behaves reasonable.

Kind regards

robert