David Masover wrote:
> Now, first question: Why do you need the xpath? Usually, the idea is to
> try to
> find that element, and then do something with it. So, for example:

> # To return all text:
> (doc / 'font').text
>
> # To loop over each font element:
> (doc / 'font').each { |tag|
>   puts tag.inner_text
> }

I need to extract text within this tag. I follow you code and I find
1) (doc/'font').text and (doc/'font').html return the same results
2) when I run (doc / 'font').each { |tag|  puts tag.inner_text}
 Ruby complains it:
 undefined method `inner_text' for #<Hpricot::Elem:0x2e9f9c4>
(NoMethodError)

so I change it to tag.inner_html and it works. I check the document
about hpricot and  find the methode #inner_text is there. But I cannot
figure out why Ruby complains about it.

> Second question: Why is there a font tag on this page? If you had any
> hand in
> creating the page, shame on you -- go learn some CSS.

I am a newbie on HTML and website development. If you want to know why
there is a font tag in the page, please check this out:
http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/exonview?db=core;transcript=ENST00000356766

What I try to do is to  extract some info I am interested from this
page. I have no idea why they put this tag and that tag there. I don't
think it is my priority to know somany whys now. I am more concerned
about letting the job done.

Anyway thank very much for the tips.

Li