-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:41:51 +0900
> Von: dare ruby <martin / angleritech.com>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: PDF to text covertor?

> Dear all,
>
> Could anyone explain how to do convert PDF to text format.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> Jose Martin
> --

Dear Jose,

it depends on whether your PDF actually contains text or just images that a human can recognize as
text.
In the first case, you can try using tools like pdftotext (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pdftotext), on Linux and
Mac, at least. On Windows, there are also some pdf viewers where you can say , "Save as text" .

In the second case, you'll have to use an OCR (optical character recognition) software. There are some
good commercial ones available. I've liked ABBYY's Finereader (on Windows).

Best regards,

Axel