Hello,

If I have a string containing variables, how can I expand them?

I retrieve this string from a db so I cannot expand it at the time of
assignment.

Eg:

myaction =3D 'perl =23=7BENV=5B'HOME_SCRIPTS'=5D=7D/myscript.pl =
-=23=7Bparams=5B:date=5D=7D'

I want to be able to do:

system(myaction)

but for this I have to expand the vars inside the script first.

Many Thanks,
Aman

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - =
- - - - - - -

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the =
designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended =
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly =
prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and =
should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an =
offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any =
transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email =
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, =
we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it =
should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change =
without notice.