On Aug 10, 1:49  򮮮
> Backing from matz would be nice but hardly essential. "Community
> leaders" is an illusion; if you think there's a need for such a list, go
> lead.

That's sorely wrong. For the Ruby community, knowing that matz stands
behind something makes a HUGE difference. Being able to add the list
to the ruby-lang.org website is essential --and is controlled by matz
and friends.

That's not to say an unofficial list is not be possible, it just would
be 100x harder to make effective --and for that, I doubt anyone really
has the time and energy for; and it certainly could not be me. I'm not
well liked by the community. In fact, the fact that *I* suggested it
pretty much guarantees that it will never happen. Ha ha! My devious
plan takes effect, Ruby will never have a beginner/expert list! ...
(just kidding)

T.