On Aug 9, 3:29 ¨Βν¬ ΆΝαςτιΔεΝεμμοΆ Όναςτιξδενε®®®ΐηναιμ®γονχςοτεΊ
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Trans <transf... / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So I'll go out on a limb here, I respectfully request that an official
> > "ruby-pro" (or some such name) be created.
>
> If the list does split, surely ruby-beginners is the new list that
> should be created? ruby-pro carries too much baggage with it - there's
> the impression (warranted or not) of elitism, and the pressure to
> maintain the perceived "pro" level of posting is almost guaranteed to
> deaden the list.

I thought about that. My concern with creating a beginners list is
that beginners will be more likely to gravitate toward the most well
known list, ie. ruby-talk. I could possibly see a ruby-help list, but
that would take a much more concerted effort by the community to rev-
up and maintain, and I'm not sure it conveys the type of sectioning
that's really needed to improve list participation.

Yes, having an advanced list is sort of elitist, that's the point. But
that doesn't make it defacto bad. A better name might help that
perception however, say ruby-tech.

T.