Bryan Richardson wrote:
> hi adam,
>
> i don't test a property because the ole interface is not asynchronous.
> my code looks like this -
>
> do stuff...
> result = @sim.RunScriptCommand('SolvePrimalLP()')
> do stuff...
>
> when the ole application hangs i never get to the second 'do stuff...'

I don't know much about ole... is RunScriptCommand blocking on a tcp
socket call? If so, it should be possible to wrap a timeout block around
RunScriptCommand. The timeout block starts another thread. If the
timeout fires, the blocked call will be interrupted (ruby's thread
scheduler works well if threads are blocked on socket ops, but not
arbitrary C functions). You can rescue and clean up the socket.