> A critical thing for me is that when programming Perl the POD usually
> contains sufficient information and *EXAMPLES OF USAGE* to throw the
> basics of an application by simply cutting and pasting from the POD.

I think we should talk to the rubyforge and RAA guys to encourage
"better" behaviour. I am not stating it should be mandatory whatsoever,
but rubyforge really is becoming the "ruby cpan" and it has a huge
influence on various libraries and its shape and thus the overall
ecosystem.

I still think that CPAN as such is overrated. On the other hand I
acknowledge that there will be various bindings or libaries (read
"functionality") which ruby simply does not have yet, and this leads me
to the second proposal.
Rubyforge could make a "porting project". I.e. it focuses on the "most
popular" projects which should be ported. This would be a SIMPLE voting
system and it serves NO OTHER PURPOSE than to see which projects would
be important.