I must be missing something.

1.  There is, for example, operator overloading elsewhere.  We can
descend from classes and extend them.  We can even rewrite the source
code.  What is truly new and usable here?

2.  If everyone extends a language in their own ways then won't people
new to the project not only have to learn the extensions but the unique
way that they are implemented?  Won't that lead to programming chaos?
After all, "use [this] version of perl to run this macro version of that
method and assign it to this keystroke"  It is like encrypting the code,
possibly several layers deep.  Aren't we trying to keep things readable?