>> - I never know what the Home or End keys will do next
>
> If they are using the normal Cocoa bindings they go to the beginning
> and end of the document respectively.  It's not Apple's fault if
> application authors go out of there way to change that.

How often do you actually need to do that, compared to the beginnings and ends
of lines.

Then, in single-line edit fields, Home and End do nothing.

>> - then I must click twice on a window to use it
>
> I have no idea what this means, but it's definitely not universally
> true.

Yet it's still after I must take my hand off the keyboard because a keystroke
has taken me to a place where another one can't take me out. Then, the single
click may or may not activate the target window, and the second one may or may
not send a click event into it.

>> - Alt-Tab can show but can't raise minimized applications
>
> Those are not applications, they are windows.  You are assuming the
> application model used on another platform is the same one used on a
> Mac. You are wrong.

So what? They are little colored things that represent big colored things. Some
pop up, and some do not, when they are in the same list. "Principle of least
surprise" applies, and claiming I somehow don't understand how awesome Macs are
is just /Argumentum ad Verecundiam/.

--
   Phlip