On Aug 5, 2008, at 3:18 AM, Phlip wrote:

> Maybe a parallel here is Steve Job's ability to indoctrinate huge
> crowds of technocrats into his cult. When I am forced to use a Mac...

I wanted to stay out of this, but you are just spreading too much FUD  or me to let it go
> - I never know what the Home or End keys will do next

If they are using the normal Cocoa bindings they go to the beginning
and end of the document respectively.  It's not Apple's fault if
application authors go out of there way to change that.

> - then I must click twice on a window to use it

I have no idea what this means, but it's definitely not universally
true.

> - Alt-Tab can show but can't raise minimized applications

Those are not applications, they are windows.  You are assuming the
application model used on another platform is the same one used on a
Mac. You are wrong.