On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/46724-1.html
>
> Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

I came to Ruby from Perl (and other languages; but I started out using
Ruby primarily for the things I would previously have done in Perl).
There was nothing genuinely "new" in Ruby that you couldn't do in
Perl, but Ruby got a lot of the little things right in a way that hit
a sweet spot.  I have a lot of respect for Larry Wall and the other
mad scientists behind Perl 6.  Just as many features in Perl 6 have
been openly inspired by Ruby, I look forward to fresh ideas and
approaches that Perl 6 will bring whenever it is finally released.
I've always liked that the Ruby and Perl communities seemed (for the
most part) kind of friendly and symbiotic in their shared value of
TMTOWTDI.  I hope that spirit continues and that we don't become the
"old guard".

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org