Hi --

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Mmcolli00 Mom wrote:

> It continues to show the wrong value ['25127']. I need it to show the
> value from the hash: 'RefProvNPI'. The ErrFieldID.class returned
> 'Array'.
>
> I don't know what else to try so that it will output the value
> 'RefProvNPI' from the hash. Having a hash will work perfectly for the
> program however if I can't reference the value that the key points to, I
> don't know what else to try. Thanks for helping.

If it's an array and you need the first element, how about indexing it
with [0]? Or use the * operator. Also, make sure that you don't mix
'25127' (the string) with 25127 (the integer). As hash keys they are
different from each other.

David

  *  Advancing With Rails    August 18-21    Edison, NJ
  * Co-taught by D.A. Black and Erik Kastner