Martin DeMello wrote:

> I don't understand this hostility to perl6, which (discounting its
> current lack of completion) looks like a very exciting language.

Maybe a parallel here is Steve Job's ability to indoctrinate huge crowds of
technocrats into his cult. When I am forced to use a Mac...

  - I never know what the Home or End keys will do next
  - the backspace key is called "Delete"
  - I can't find the on-off button in the dark
  - I must use a mouse to get out of many bogus situations
  - then I must click twice on a window to use it
  - a program's menu bar can be on a different screen from the main window
  - Alt-Tab can show but can't raise minimized applications
  - only Graphic-Backtick can rotate between windows within one application
  - Graphic-Backtick rotates by pushing the current window to the bottom
  - the desktop wallpaper changes if we reorder the screens
  - we get a horrific lockup if we turn one monitor vertical
  - not all dialogs dismiss with Escape
  - the mouse pretends to not have 3 buttons
  - the middle button wears out easily!

All this won't stop conference organizers from promoting Jobs as "God's Gift to
Usability"...

--
   Phlip