David Masover wrote:

> Phlip wrote:
>
>> Now excuse me while I get back to extending Ruby in application-specific
> ways...
>
> Ruby is, indeed, the best way to do that now. And Perl6 has been coming for,
> what, eight years? I'm not holding my breath...
>
> That said, if I understand this, it would involve actual changes to the
> parser. Can't really do that in Ruby -- or at least, not without recompiling
> Ruby.
>
> Has anyone actually done the equivalent of Acme::Lingua::Pirate::Perl for
> Ruby? If so, how much work was it? How hackish was it?

The joke: Flaming O'Reilly for letting anyone into the clich...

...then following up with my sig, with a link to _my_ membership in the O'Reilly
frat...

...describing a module I wrote in Ruby that gets inside the parser and extends it:

   http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/2008/02/assert2.html

No, I don't expect O'Reilly to go out and build conferences to revolve around
me. Maybe if I filled my source up with gratuitously self-serving Tolkien quotes...

--
   Phlip