On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 11:05 +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/46724-1.html
>> Just thought you'd like to know. ;)
>

> So Larry Wall has reinvented Lisp without Lisp's minimalist elegance?
> Dylan did it first, but at least it had the decency to call itself a
> Lisp dialect.
>
> Greenspun was proven right.  Again.

I don't understand this hostility to perl6, which (discounting its
current lack of completion) looks like a very exciting language. Sure,
lisp lets you have arbitrary reader macros, but it looks like perl6
will make syntactic extension a lot more accessible than any of the
lisp dialects I've seen. Also, while lisp can be twisted into
arbitrary syntaxes, it goes against the grain of the language and the
culture. I'd like to see it done right (camlp4 and nemerle are two
interesting experiments in that direction, but perl6 promises to be
better than either of them)

martin