M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/46724-1.html
>
> Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

Larry Wall will cure cancer!!

"For power users of this open source language, such extensibility could mean
that they will be able to augment the language with instructions, syntax,
expressions, operators and other features to meet their own needs. An office of
the National Cancer Institute, for instance, could extend Perl to include
features that could aid in medical research."

Like they couldn't have just gone with "an automobile tire distributor could
extend Perl to include features that could aid in distributing tires"...

And - just think! - O'Reilly will let anyone into their little clich, if they
exhibit sufficient delusions of godhood.

Now excuse me while I get back to extending Ruby in application-specific ways...

--
   Phlip
   http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/2008/02/assert2.html