Hi,

Yesterday the group was kind enough to explain distinctions between
class and instance methods, but I guess I still missed something b/c
I'm getting an error.  I have this method in my EcOrder model ...

class EcOrder < ActiveRecord::Base
        has_many :ec_line_items
        validates_associated :ec_line_items

        def has_item=(form_item_id)
                for ec_line_item in this.ec_line_items
                        if ec_line_item.form_item_id == form_item_id
                                true
                                return
                false

I intended to create an instance method.  But then, in a view, when I
call

<%= check_box_tag('form[form_items][]', form_item.id,
@ec_order.has_item(form_item.id)) %>

I get the error, "undefined method `has_item' for #<EcOrder:
0xb788e264>".

Sorry to make you guys repeat yourselves, but I think I'm really
close, - Dave