David A. Black wrote:

> We've softened the algorithm a bit, largely because as the event has
> grown in size, it's gotten a lot harder to find venues that fit all
> of our major requirements: a meeting room that can hold 500 people,
> proximity to a major airport, reasonable catering rates, and
> reasonable hotel room rates. Most hotels that have meetings rooms that
> big also cost a lot for the other stuff. We want to keep the event
> affordable, so we're kind of threading a needle when it comes to
> venues and even entire cities. This year's venue looks like a really
> good fit.

Thanks for the info.

Can I make a plea regarding the selection of talks?

Please do not accept talks that have already been given at other Ruby or
Rails conferences, especially if there are videos for those talks.

Given the competition to get a talk in, and what I expect will be a
wealth for really good talk proposals, more people are better served if
new topics/talks are granted stage time.

Thanks,  and thanks for the time effort each year in making RubyConf real.

--
James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com   - Wicked Cool Coding