--+KJYzRxRHjYqLGl5

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 02:51:31PM +0900, Ruby Facet wrote:
> Greg, Thanks for the pack hack. I am using it for file names and the=20
> pack output is a little too long. I will look for other solutions, but=20
> that does the trick.

Unfortunately, with the encryption string being limited to alphanumeric
characters, a short string would probably be indicative of a very weak
encryption routine.  In other words, the fewer characters you allow as
encryption output, the longer the string has to be for reasonably strong
encryption algorithms.

Of course, hexadecimal ignores about 77% of the alphabet, so if there's
an option that allows use of the entire alphabet (rather than rendering
as hexadecimal), you should be able to get shorter strings.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Larry Wall: "Perl is, in intent, a cleaned up and summarized version of
that wonderful semi-natural language known as 'Unix'."

--+KJYzRxRHjYqLGl5

--+KJYzRxRHjYqLGl5--