--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 03:23:53AM +0900, Phlip wrote:
> Shashank Agarwal wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to read a file over SSH? I looked at the net/ssh library
> >but couldn't put together a working code.
>
> Here's a wild guess - does it help?
>
> require 'net/ssh'
> require 'net/sftp'
>
> Net::SSH.start( 'myserver', 'myname', 'mypassword' ) do |session|
>     session.sftp.connect do |sftp|
>        sftp.get_file('path/filename', 'filename')
>     end
> end

I actually have need of some net/ssh help, too, though I don't need help
with basic implementation.  That part was easy, with the examples I've
found.

What I need is some way to securely store user names and passwords for
later user in the Ruby SSH client, so that I don't have to hard-code the
user name and password, store the actual user name and password in some
file, or have the user enter them every single time he/she uses the
application.  Would you please point me at relevant documentation and/or
examples, or provide some of your own for me if that's easier?

I haven't looked at key-based authentication, but that's something else
I'll be looking into as well.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Yasir Arafat on religious wars: "You're basically killing each other to

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e--