Hi --

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, James Britt wrote:

> Richard Kilmer wrote:
>> Ruby Central is pleased to announce that we are accepting
>> talk proposals for the 2008 RubyConf to be held in Orlando
>> Florida November 6-8 (Thursday - Saturday).
>
> So the cycling of east coast, west coast, and middle-state location is no
> longer?

We've softened the algorithm a bit, largely because as the event has
grown in size, it's gotten a lot harder to find venues that fit all
of our major requirements: a meeting room that can hold 500 people,
proximity to a major airport, reasonable catering rates, and
reasonable hotel room rates. Most hotels that have meetings rooms that
big also cost a lot for the other stuff. We want to keep the event
affordable, so we're kind of threading a needle when it comes to
venues and even entire cities. This year's venue looks like a really
good fit.

David

  *  Advancing With Rails    August 18-21    Edison, NJ
  * Co-taught by D.A. Black and Erik Kastner