On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:45:30 +0900
ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) wrote:

<snip>

> >In article <20020111173607.4d1eb613.wildbill / speakeasy.org>,
> >Bill Turner  <wildbill / speakeasy.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>My biggest question right now is very simple really.  If I design
and
> >>code a project using Ruby - under Linux - then how would I go
about
> >>getting that application to run under Windows?  Is there some kind
of
> >>a "run time" deal like Visual Basic has?  After all, from my
> >>perspective, I can hardly expect every person  that wanted to
install
> >>my application to have Ruby already installed and just sitting
there
> >>waiting for me. :)
> >>

> >Hmmm... at first I thought the question was how do I get an
application
> >written in Ruby on Linux to work under Windows.  Now that I reread
it it
> >seems that you want to be able to give someone a Ruby program and
have it
> >run under Windows even if they don't have Ruby installed.  To be
honest,
> >I'm not sure what the answer is to that question.
>
> I dug around in the RAA and found rbwrap by Robert Feldt.  It might
be
> what you're looking for:
>
> http://www.ce.chalmers.se/~feldt/ruby/applications/rbwrap/
>
> Phil

Thanks much Phil.  Looks pretty much like what I was looking for.
Gee.  Some mailing lists would have handed me my head...along with a
hearty RTFM...You gave me a link to something that'll work.  Cool.
Very cool...and it seems that the RAA is pretty extensive.  Didn't
even know it existed till you pointed me that way.

Thanks again...

Bill

--

Got 30 seconds?  Feed somebody.  <http://www.thehungersite.com>
Tried Linux?  No?  Why not? <http://www.linuxdot.org>

GnuPG Public key available...PGP Public Key available...

Bill Turner <wildbill / speakeasy.org>