Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2008, at 02:04 AM, Marcin Raczkowski wrote:
>
>> I'm glad, i just started hacking, and don't know if i did good job,
>> and what coding convention to follow ;)
>
> I made a change, is this suitable?
Sure.

> I have README, not README.txt, and some people have README.rdoc, so this
> should work better for most people.

Yea.

>> anyway I'm going to work some time on RDoc becouse i want it to
>> generate some other formats then what already is implemented, i have
>> question could you put together quick hacking guide?
>
> What formats?

Hmmm. well I want to generate stubs of Ruby classes in another
languages(Python, JS, and more) , It's a part of anothet project, that i
hope will see the open source light next week.

I was also thinking about dumping documentation to database for further
processing (wiki-like documentation editing online?, mayby links to use
cases? etc.)

> RDoc is composed of the following parts: parsing, intermediate
> documentation representation, generators, markup and ri.
>
> If you're writing a new output format, you're most interested in the
> intermediate documentation representation and generators, but you may
> want to build your own generator if you're not doing something roughly
> similar to HTML (ri has a completely separate thing to spit out its yaml
> files).
 From what i noticed, i can generate almost any format using HTML
template, but I'll give it a try

I was thinking about using ParseTree + friends for this project, but
having a documentation is a big bonus, if I'll have sudden attack of
craziness, i'll try to make Rdoc parser spit out something similar to
PareseTree's AST but with links to documentation string.