------art_132344_27097747.1216742817151

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM, mosar <jean.moser / neuf.fr> wrote:

> On 22 juil, 15:13, Glen Holcomb <damnbig... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

> > > enter
> space

> the
> of a

> up!

> still
> > > think
> self

> > > speak

> > > Thanks for your information.As a matter of fact I have a swiss
> > > keyboard. On the third key I have " (2nd level), 2 and @ on the first
> > > level.I use Scite to write my programs and the @ character is
> > > acessible.When I switch to irb (in  the shell) when I strike on @
> > > nothing happens.It seems that inside irb I should change the keyboard
> > > layout ?
> > > Hi Brothers, how difficult is the climbing of Babel Tower but how nice
> > > is the variety of languages !
> >
> > Can you get the @ sign in the shell you launch irb from?
> >
> > --
> > "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
> speak
> > so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
> >
> > -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
>
> Sorry but I have to answer no.
> Jean Moser

It sounds like your keyboard is mapped differently on the console than it is
in your GUI, which is what I expected.  I think irb should use the same
keyboard mapping as your console/shell/terminal since that is what launches
the irb process.  The best advice I can give is to try and figure out how to
change the mapping on your terminal/console.  I would think that if you can
get an @ sign there you will be able to get it in irb.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

------art_132344_27097747.1216742817151--