Hi,

The target of this thread is:

"Cocoa or GNUStep application (.app) written by Ruby has compatibility
on a source level."

This is my understanding. Is this right? I will cooperate for this as
the author of RubyCocoa. If patches for this purpose exist, I will
apply it to RubyCocoa.

At Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:54:18 +0900,
Laurent Julliard wrote:
> As the author of RIGS (Ruby Interface to GNUStep) I think Chris
> has the right approach for the moment. I don;t know how
> RubyCocoa is organized so I'm speaking under the control of its
> author here.

IMHO, the abstract layer approach is good choice. Currently
RubyCocoa's status is just started and unstabe. So I think it is
important to choose the realistic and not complicated way. I want to
avoid making the main stream of development of RubyCocoa or RIGS
difficult.

For the moment, because I do not know detail about GNUStep and RIGS, I
cannot propose a concrete proposal. As first step, I will read
application samples include RIGS tarball for understanding difference
of RubyCocoa and RIGS.

> Unfortunately I do not have a MAC OS X machine and can't port RIGS
> to Cocoa but if Hisakuna FUJIMOTO San (the author of RubyCocoa) is
> willing to spend some time on it with me we can certainly make
> progress in aligning RIGS and RubyCocoa and why not merge them in the
> long run.

I agree. RubyCocoa and RIGS have many common features. Although it is
difficult to realize it immediately now, I want to be conscious of it
being ideal.

# English writing is weak for me. Please understand what may be unable
# to be replied perfectly or delay.

cheers,

--
FUJIMOTO Hisakuni