I'm fairly new at programming with Ruby (please forgive my
n00bish-ness), but since I'm having to learn the majority of this on my
own through online documentation and tutorials, it's a little difficult
at times. I guess the best learning is done by doing and well... I'm
trying to do. :-p

As far as the code I had returning numbers instead of strings, I noticed
that it was doing that when I ran my earlier code in the command line,
but I wasn't sure exactly why.  Thanks for explaining.

What I'm trying to do is generate a web page for each city in the array
that I have and have random links at the bottom of each page to the
other city pages that will be generated by the program.

The city list that I'm using has around 200 entries in it and I'd like
to have 30 random links to pages in that list at the bottom of each
page.  So, the list is considerably larger than 30 entries and I don't
want an entry to be deleted each time its used.