Hi,

At Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:23:22 +0900,
ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) wrote:
> >> I'm so confused....
> >
> >What?
> >
> Because it looks like if I uncomment the line that library is dynamically
> linked (at least in the case of curses) because ldd reports that ruby
> needs libncurses.so after building with curses uncommented.  ldd prints
> shared library dependencies, so if I built with curses uncommented in
> ext/Setup I shouldn't see libncurses.so listed in the output of:
> ldd ruby

I see.  You confuse WHAT would be linked statically.  It does
not mean WHOLE libraries(i.e. libncurses) required by the
extension library, but just extension library(curses.so)
itself.

ldd reports libncurses when curses.so is linked statically, it
means the shared library is referred by statically linked
ext/curses/curses.o.

This help you?

--
Nobu Nakada