"James Britt (rubydev)" <james / rubyxml.com> writes:

> > From: Markus Jais [mailto:mjais / web.de]
> >
> > this is sort of strange, I think. why do the publisher not inform
> > the authors when they translate their books??
> > maybe only addison-wesley knows :-)
>
> Wouldn't they need to tell you that you were getting additional royalties?
> Do addison-wesley  royalty checks show the source of the sales?

International sales take forever to appear on royalty
statements. Pragprog was a top-1000 book in Japan for a year, and it
never appeared on our statements. In the end I phoned them up, and
they chased it manually through the reporting system.

I just heard that there will be a Russian version of Pragmatic
Programmer too, though. That's pretty cool.

Dave