Excuse me
Already the punch line is told before

---> On 2008/07/13, at 9:56, ruby / alef1.org wrote:

so, my source code, putting here(below) is no spoiling?

With the source, I'm in troubled of Syntax Errors.
the code is of C-language-thinking of mine,

and casting problems aboutChar|Symbol, String, Array or REGEXP-escape,
and Scope of variables

It maybe another Quiz
-----source follows-----

#!/usr/bin/env ruby -Ku

#Oh, by the way... You may only use the characters `?`, `*`, `(`, `)`  nd `-`.
#s
#Specifically, define a function `symbolify` that accepts an integer
#and returns a string composed of only the five characters shown above.
#The string, when evaluated, will equal the original number passed in.

def init
	str = ':?:*:(:):-'
	5.times { |i|
		letters[i] = str[i]