"David Corbin" <dcorbin / imperitek.com> wrote in message
news:3C3D7B51.9060001 / imperitek.com...
> I'm starting to learn Ruby, and I've decided on a small web/integration
> project.  Naturally, I've got a few questions.
>
> 1) Is there a recommended framework for web-based applications?  I seem
> to recall hearing about an Enhydra XMLC clone in Ruby.

A colleague and I have a start at XMLC here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rubyx/xmlc/

It's been a long time since it's been touched, and was written early in my
Ruby programming days, but it might be a good starting point.  It actually
works, though is a bit limited in scope compared to the Java version.
Judging by my previous experiences with Ruby, the amount of code and effort
to change this scope limitation should be minimal.

Chad