Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Xeno Campanoli wrote:
>
>> You're right.  I miscoded my copy.  Okay, my apologies.  Still, it
>> would be nice to have more examples.  Can anyone point me to some?
>
> Rails?

Not really, though I am accessing active record in here, but I'm
presuming that should not affect it.  This was written in plain ruby,
and then I decided to add a rails configuration tool.  Anyway, I think I
made headway when I realized 'new_session' => true might be the default.
  Now running it with false I get:

trace user_name:  campanolix
trace @Session:  CGI::Session
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/cgi/session.rb:265:in `initialize_without_cgi_reader':
session_key `_session_id' should be supplied (ArgumentError)
         from
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_controller/cgi_ext/session.rb:39:in
`initialize'
so I presume that means I cannot run with just all defaults.  I'm using
the online example with 'user_name', but presumably session_key is
independent of my user name.  I was presuming it would all be handled
with the cookie...?  Perhaps I'm only demonstrating how confused I am.

xc