On Jul 6, 10:26   lajus <x... / arturaz.net> wrote:
> hello.
>
> Anyone tried to upgrade rubygems from windows xp?
>
> I downloaded fresh ruby 1.8.6 installer, installed, did gem update
> --system and now whenever I try anything, i get this:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Artas>gem update --system
> Updating RubyGems
> ERROR: hile executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)
> No such file or directory - C:\Documents and Settings\Artas
>
> Tried googling, nothing there..
>
> Tried changing USERPROFILE env var to c:\ and c://, but still no luck :|
>
> Any ideas?

Dunno your previous setup configuration, but your username contains an
extended accented character which will make the life of any non-
unicode application hard.

To workaround this I suggest you set HOME environment variable to
something different than Documents and Settings, since will have the
same problem.

Also, do not mess with USERPROFILE since ti serve other purpose beside
being used by applications, USERPROFILE is the place Windows stored
the ntuser part of registry, which I suggest you stay away from it :-)

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena