--------------090507080707030901090105

Bill Kelly wrote:

> From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb / cesmail.net>
>>
>>> * Or not.  Some folks will have ulterior motives for choosing one
>>> tool over another, but you should start be giving people the benefit
>>> of the doubt.
>>
>> Or better yet, just say, "They may be right," and proceed with the
>> accepted environments and projects.
>
> Wait... have you ever actually endured much Java programming?  <grin>
>

> HaHaOnlySerious,
>
> Bill

I once picked Java for a queuing theory model. I tried Visual Basic,
Perl and Java on some simple linear algebra, and Java was the fastest.
This was *long* ago -- before "Java 2"! So I wrote it in Java. The damn
thing is still sitting in a CM repository somewhere. Nobody used it,
because Java wasn't on the "approved list". If I had written it in C, I
would have been a hero. Ah, well. :)

That's the only Java code I ever wrote, but the language still appeals
to me as a language. What I haven't endured is all of the frameworks,
APIs, XML, etc. that have "evolved" around Java.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com/

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erds

--------------090507080707030901090105

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOk0uIEVkd2FyZCAoRWQpIEJvcmFza3kNCm46O00uIEVkd2FyZCAo
RWQpIEJvcmFza3kNCmVtYWlsO2ludGVybmV0OnpubWViQGNlc21haWwubmV0DQp4LW1vemls
bGEtaHRtbDpGQUxTRQ0KdmVyc2lvbjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo--------------090507080707030901090105--