On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 8:01 PM, S2 <x / y.z> wrote:
> phlip wrote:
>
>> Quit.
>
> i probably will.
>
>> Were you using RoR with unit tests?
>
> no. everything was fine actually. apps where developed quickly, used "cool"
> ajax stuff that excited our clients and developers where quite happy.
>
>>> Current RoR applications will be migrated to Java.
>>
>> Was there a rationale?
>
> no.
Of course there was, you stated it yourself above, "developers were
quite happy", sorry for my pessimistic look at this.
Apart of the idea that jruby might come in handy this decision really
looks odd to me.
Maybe somebody wants to sink the ship? Well at least, if they do, they
seem to be good at it sigh.
R.